Monday, October 22, 2012

Welcome into this world Kayla! 。◕‿◕。

Sigh (T.T) Sorry to say once again, this is not the Halloween post though! No worries, i'll try to rush this post out as soon as possible! Have faith in me! ◕‿◕

As most of your can see from the title "Welcome into this world Kayla! 。◕‿◕。" i am sure you guys can roughly guess what is this post about right! Well, for people who have been reading my blog this few days should know what i meant as i had talked about it like 2-3 days back! Alright, so enough of me acting mysterious about this blog post and so.....i'm going to reveal what this post is about! 

My Second Cousin Kayla! By the way this picture is taken by my cousin Weijie 
Yes! This post is about this cute little baby Kayla! Well, before i start i do find it confusing that what should Kayla call me? I went to google it and they said that according to the Chinese custom she should called me "表舅 (Uncle)" while on the English custom side we are known as "Second Cousin" and i have to say it's sorta weird though! 

Help: Does anyone know what relations are we and what should she call me?

Kayla was gave birth on 04/10/2012 at Midnight and honestly she's so cute! Awwwwww. Anyway now i feel like i should work extra harder to be a good role model to her however i don't feel like closing my piercing though so yeah! We'll see how it goes :) Well, i even went to do some research on how to be a good role model towards babies and this is what i found: 
  1. Act as a mentor. No matter the age of your nieces and nephews, earn their trust. When you become a trusted mentor, you can greatly impact children's lives with encouragement, support and role modelling.
  2. Involve yourself in their lives. Get to know about their schools and social activities. Attending school plays, musical concerts and sporting events shows them how much their uncle cares about developing a committed relationship.
  3. Play the role of family historian. While children can get information about their grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts and uncles from their parents, you are in the unique position to tell them a little about your sibling, their mother or father. Tell them about what it was like growing up with their parent. You are sure to elicit a chuckle or two.
  4. Expose them to new experiences. You probably have interests that their parents do not share. Whether it's fishing, golfing, stamp collecting or art, take them with you sometime and watch their world become a little bit wider.
  5. Being a good uncle not only entails your relationship with the children, but lending support to their parents as well. They could benefit from a night away from the kids, and this gives you an added opportunity for some one-on-one with them.

Honestly speaking i think i had become more of a uncle thinking about how to babysit baby and stuff like that and i've been asking my friends on how to take care of sick babies as Kayla had been sick though. Sigh! 

Well, 2 weeks back i went to my cousin house and it was my first time meeting Kayla as i was busy with my N'Level examination when she was born. So yeah! I got to meet her and i was so thrilled to have fun with her when she grow up and see her enter Kindergarten, School and Married!Yes, i know i am being an uncle and i'm thinking sorta far when i'm only 16 years old! :) Oh well, my cousin ask me told carry her and honestly i didn't as i was afraid i would make her fall and stuff like that so yeah! I hope i can have the courage to do it soon though! ◕‿◕

It's going to be Kayla's first month soon and honestly i am still thinking what should i buy for her though. Is like i don't really know what girls like so can your give me some ideas on what to buy and stuff? I'll totally appreciate some ideas now though! Thanks in advance guys! (:

Help: Can your give me some ideas on what can i purchase for Kayla's first month celebration?

Alright! I guess many of you are falling asleep to see such a long wordy post right! I'm really sorryy, my apologies ! Anyway stay tune for the Halloween post which will be up in a few days time! 

Meanwhile please give me your opinion and comments for question that had the "Help" as i really need them on my Twitter or Formspring! Thanks (:

Do follow me on:
NuffnangX: http://www.nuffnangx.com/user/18zR22B (Will be replying comments and stuff there)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SimplyEdwinn (Always updated)
Instagram: @Simplyedwinn

Thanks for reading my blog and i'll see you guys really soon! Bye (: 

Click to know more!